Wednesday, January 14, 2009

i hate waiting.com


I finally ran.



But I had to earn it with patience. And patience is a currency I don't keep too much of in my pocket... The gym was packed with new year resolutioners - and I mean PACKED. They were all over the place: lining up to buy memberships (still !?!), lining up be the treadmills and, most importantly - and this is what irks me - all over the treadmills!!!


Of course, now that my blood is full of the feel-good hormone that actually getting ON the treadmill produced, I wholeheardtedly applaud all these new year resolutioners. After all, the only difference between them and me is that I take my resolutions 2 months BEFORE the new year! :)


That being said, I loved my run... 21 minutes instead of 23...and I hope these are the magical 2 minutes that will keep yet another migraine away... and I do believe I will make it for I am feeling FINE. So, 15 of these minutes were consecutive and without break at 4.5 mph, followed by another 5 at 4.8 and a whole bunch of short fast intervals at 6.5 and 8.5 mps with different inclines. Apparently short bursts of fast runs whip the heart into shape. As for the incline, it is for killer muscles!


I will now sign off and go put all my muscles to sleep... apparently, I have no insomnia tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment